April 24, 2012
Now three people have won Iowa during this primary season. Last night, Ron Paul’s delegate finagling strategy paid off as he guaranteed himself at least half of the delegates in Iowa and Minnesota.
Remember, back in January, Mitt Romney was declared the winner of the Iowa caucuses by eight votes. This official declaration was made by the state Republican Party chairman, Matt Strawn, despite ongoing discrepancies in the way that county commissioners and the state commissioners were reporting vote totals. Rachel Maddow has some of the footage of the news stations that night re-learning how to cover the complicated Iowa voting system (the video seems to be going viral, btw, as at 9 a.m. the video only had 300+ views, but as of 10 a.m. was pushing 9,000).
Ron Paul backers sweep into GOP party roles in Iowa
Des Moines Register
April 21, 2012
A rising tide of Republicans who share Ron Paul’s philosophy of limited government are flooding into GOP party roles in Iowa.
Like the anti-abortion movement and tea partiers that made in-roads into GOP politics here in recent years, Paul loyalists want to send a message to party leaders, the governor, the state legislature and the nation, they said Saturday.
Six of the new Iowa GOP state central committee members elected Saturday have publicly expressed support for Paul, a libertarian-leaning presidential candidate: Joel Kurtinitis, Kris Thiessen, Dave Cushman, Jeff Shipley, John Kabitzke and Marcus Fedler. Two more have close ties.
“Ron Paul’s display of strength is to encourage their followers to say, ‘We have the numbers. Join us and we can accomplish even more,’” said Gopal Krishna, a popular longtime central committee member who has declined to reveal his caucus vote. “Because once they’re a force to be reckoned with, everybody starts to cater to them.”
- Did Ron Paul Lose Iowa Delegates?
- Minnesota WAC talks with Dr. Ron Paul at Iowa Straw Poll
- Ron Paul May Have Just Secretly Won Iowa
- Ron Paul Tied In Second With Romney For Iowa
- Iowa Caucus: Bachmann, Romney and Paul on Top
- Media Cover-up: Ron Paul’s Standing Not Discussed in Iowa Vote Reshuffle
- Ron Paul Sees Top-Two Iowa Finish
- Ron Paul a contender as Iowa approaches
- Ron Paul’s Iowa Win: Hackers Threaten to Disrupt Caucus Vote
- Last Poll Before Iowa: Romney & Paul Neck And Neck
- Is COINTELPRO Effort Underway to Sabotage Ron Paul in Iowa?
- Ron Paul’s Iowa Finish: “Biggest Fraud Since Kennedy Stole the West Virginia Primary”